Memberships and Associations
- A graduate fellow of the College of Law
- A member of the Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- A member of the Law Council of Australia (Family Law Section)
- A member of the Law Society of NSW
- A professional member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- A professional member of Resolution Institute
Director at Genesis Edge Law Group
Partner at Juris Bridge Legal- Family Law
Lecturer & Oral Assessor at the College of Law
Registered Arbitrator AIFLAM
(Reg 67B Family Law Regulations 1984)
Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
Nationally Accredited Mediator NMAS
LL.B(UNSW), LL.M (Government & Commercial Law)(ANU), M. Applied Law (Family Law)(COL), LL.M (Applied Law) (FDRP)(COL)
As the Director of Genesis Edge and a Partner at JurisBridge Legal, Ellen has extensive experience in all areas of Family Law. A lecturer at the College of Law, Ellen is a specialist in even the most complex Family Law matters and is well regarded across the industry.
Ellen works with clients both locally and from around the globe to expeditiously resolve their unique Family Law matters. Ellen recognises that everyone’s needs are different and adopts an individualised solution focused approach to addressing her clients’ needs. Built on a foundation of postgraduate study with Australia’s leading universities, Ellen utilises her strong technical skills advantage to provide quality legal services and to deliver meaningful and positive results for her clients no matter how big or small the matter.
Ellen has successfully represented clients in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia in all areas of Family Law and acted in complex Family Law litigation including high conflict parenting disputes such as relocation matters and complex property settlements involving family trusts and valuations, corporations and/or partnerships. An accomplished courtroom litigator, Ellen can provide expert Family Law advice on:
- Property Settlements
- Parenting Disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution-Negotiation, Mediation and Arbitration
- Financial Agreements
- De Facto Relationships
- Spousal Maintenance
- Child Support
- Children’s matters
An accredited Arbitrator, Ellen has the right expertise and skills to resolve all Family Law disputes. She is highly capable of making a binding decision pertaining to the following issues in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth):
- Part VIII, Part VIIIA proceedings (property, spousal maintenance and maintenance agreements; financial agreements made pre, during or post marriage);
- Part VIIIAB proceedings (financial matters relating to de facto relationships);
- Part VIIIB proceedings (superannuation agreements);
- Section 106A proceedings (execution and compliance with Court Orders);
- Any part of such proceedings;
- Any matter arising in such proceedings; or
- A dispute about a matter with respect to which such proceedings could be instituted.
At Genesis Edge, we provide fixed fee Arbitration services. If you wish to brief Ellen Pei, or enquire as to her availability, or fees, please do so by contacting her Executive Assistant, Alison Meilak.
As an agent of the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (FCFCOA), Ellen is committed to conducting Arbitrations with procedural fairness and delivering just, quick and cost-effective resolution of the real issues in the proceedings.
Mediation & Family Dispute Resolution
Ellen is also a nationally accredited Mediator and an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) registered with the Commonwealth Attorney General’s Department (see listing on Family Dispute Resolution Register – www.fdrr.ag.gov.au).
Ellen is able to mediate all Family Law related disputes and issue section 60I certificates under the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth). She is highly adept at achieving favourable negotiation outcomes for her clients during early negotiations and mediation. This enables Ellen to resolve her clients’ Family Law matters in the most timely and cost-effective way possible.
For more information on Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution services, click here.